Module developed with Alex Noble and Greg Purdy
Due: PBL Case-Study Draft
- *Maura Singleton, “Adjusting the Prescription. The School of Medicine Overhauls its century-old educational Approach” (2011)
- *What is PBL?
- *Why PBL?
- *Dan Tries Problem-Based Learning: A Case Study (also on Canvas)
- Merlot: Problem-Based Learning (Pedagogy Portal).
- SUNY Buffalo Case Study site (science)
- Vanderbilt Case Studies Site (Center for Teaching)
- PBL Course Addressing “Fractious Problems” in Science and Technology
- Solving Real-World Issues Through Problem-Based Learning
- PBL Meets WWII: A History Lesson to Remember
- Tiwari, Lai, So and Yuen, “A Comparison of the Effects of problem-based learning and lecturing on the development of students’ critical thinking,” Medical Education 2006: 40: 547-554 DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2929.2006.02481.x (VT Library Log-in Required)